Confirmed: Charles Causey, Veteran US Marine Corps, Vietnam (135-21) 13 JUL 21

When:
July 13, 2021 @ 4:15 pm – 6:00 pm
2021-07-13T16:15:00-05:00
2021-07-13T18:00:00-05:00
Where:
Christopher Hall (Enter the St Marks Gate and go straight back to the right)
1602 Thousand Oaks Dr
San Antonio, TX 78232
USA
US MARINE CORPS VETERAN – VIETNAM

The family of Mr. Charles Scott Causey, a US Marine Corps Veteran, requests the presence and participation of the San Antonio Patriot Guard at the services, LEO supported procession, and graveside rendering of military honors of their loved one. We are honored to accept this invitation.

Mr. Charles Causey Enlisted into the Marine Corps in Nov 1969 and was Honorably Discharged in May 1971. He had 1 Tour in Vietnam, as an Airborne Radio Operator.

Charles was a motorcycle guy. He rode a Honda Valkyie. Actually owned 2 of them in his life, and another bike as well. So many people admired him for being able to handle ” the beast” as he would call it. He and I had some great rides on that bike. He was always proud of his military career, a true marine at heart for the 33 years I was married to him. Our military neighbors will be there too. His grandsons too, one of which will be attending the Air Force Academy and playing at Falcon Stadium for them. Would love seeing some of you guys there…if possible. THANK YOU, Rosemary Causey.

WEATHER: Hi 90 / Lo 75, 30% Chance of Rain, 70% Humidity, Wind: 13 mph SE

REQUESTOR:  Rosemary Causey, Wife

STAGING:  4:15 pm, Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Christopher Hall (Enter the St Marks Gate and go straight back to the right)
1602 Thousand Oaks Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78232
https://goo.gl/maps/tuZZKDGrPi6py9EG8

BRIEFING:  4:30 pm

SERVICE:  5:00 pm
Christopher Hall (Enter the St Marks Gate and go straight back to the right)
1602 Thousand Oaks Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78232
https://goo.gl/maps/tuZZKDGrPi6py9EG8

This is a Celebration of Life Service, come by, come in and have some food too
There is no Internment scheduled at this time.

RC:   Bob “Pizza Man” Johnson
bobtxpgr@gmail.com

FC:   Rich “Pach” Pachecano
rich@pachecano.net

ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Iron horses if you can, cages are always welcome and appreciated and unless under special circumstances not allowed in processions. You do not have to have a motorcycle to participate in honoring our veterans.

2. Safety First: Please remember to properly hydrate (including the night before) before any outdoor activity and to dress appropriately. Do not hesitate to take a break at any time if you feel you need to get in the shade or get indoors and always ask for help at any time. Also please do not forget your sun screen.

3. Please remember that our mission is to stand tall and silent, and with honor and. NO TALKING, SMOKING, CHEWING OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS, OR CELL PHONE USE IN THE FLAG LINE!

4. Cemeteries are hallowed ground. Please keep radios off and engine noise to a minimum. Observe the 15 MPH speed limit. Show our respect to ALL who are in attendance.

5. If riding/driving a motorcycle on Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery, which is located within a Military Installation, you will need to wear closed toe shoes, long sleeve shirt, gloves, DOT approved helmet, eye protection, long pants, and boots/shoes that cover the ankle.

 ***Safety Notice***
Before volunteering and/or attending any San Antonio Patriot Guard Riders missions we encourage you to review all safety information below.  Included are some potential safety concerns to be aware of, however this does not include the full scope of all potential hazards.  Anyone attending any San Antonio Patriot Guard Riders mission understands that they do so at their own risk. Neither the Patriot Guard Riders Organization nor its representatives are liable for any damages incurred on any PGR mission or event.
Funeral Processions/Escorts
EVERY RIDER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for their own safety at all times while riding in a funeral procession.

At NO TIME are any riders authorized to block any intersection or otherwise block or impede traffic laws in any way.  Only Law Enforcement officials are authorized to block and/or impeded the lawful flow of traffic.

If you choose to fly a flag on your bike you are SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for ensuring it is secured and not a danger to any other rider or traffic.

Warm Regards,
Bob “Pizza Man” Johnson
Deputy State Captain
San Antonio Patriot Guard
Honor, Dignity, Respect
Cell: (562) 413-2223

bobtxpgr@gmail.com